Guess who has two thumbs and is leaving iRack very soon? This guy --->Yes, that's right. That's me sitting in my CHU (Containerized Housing Unit), enjoying a few days of CHU-cation since we've been replaced by a new unit. I'm all packed up and ready to get out of this place and head back to the old US of A. It's been a long year and not much to report in the way of excitement, adventure or interesting stories (except for when I was on R&R in Hawaii - if I haven't told you a couple of those stories, ask me sometime). I'm glad it's soon to be over. After all is said and done, I learned some things, I saved a good amount of money and I believe I made a difference in a few people's lives so that's the good news.
For those of you who don't have facebook, I've started a relationship with a girl named Valerie during this deployment. We started emailing in the early spring of this year and I was able to see her en route to my R&R in Hawaii and on the way back from Hawaii to iRack. While we have known each other for years, it is in the recent months of email and talking via Skype that we've been getting to know each other much better. I am definitely looking forward to seeing her in a little less than a month when she is coming out to visit along with my sister.
Other than that, I've got a place to live lined up, a couple prospective cars to look at (and hopefully purchase one) and a big to-do list of things to straighten out once I get back. I will re-activate my old cell phone so I'll have the same number when I'm home (901-240-4871). I will also be coming to Memphis for a couple weeks of vacation near the end of October through the first week of November. I look forward to seeing many of you who have been praying for me, sending me packages and thinking about me over here in the wasteland.
I miss you all back home and am excited about returning soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment