The trip wasn't too bad. A few movies, a few naps and a few meals. Don't waste your time on "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Although Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly might make you look twice, the movie was basically a mix between a global warming campaign and an Obama style "change" message. We stopped off in Europe for a couple of hours for a refuel, but we didn't get to see anything worth seeing. I thought it was ironic that we had to make sure all our knives and multi-tools were in our checked baggage when we were carrying rifles and pistols on the plane with us.
For right now, we're staging in the little small country till we head north. My internal sleep clock is still a little off, but I should be alright soon. It's not too hot - low 100s during the day, high 70s at night - but it's not the pacific northwest. One of our A/C units is broken in my sleep tent, so that's just above uncomfortable during the day. We start some classroom training and ranges in the next few days. We'll probably be here for a few weeks or so. I'll probably be on the advance party to head north and get things set up in preparation for our main body. The nice thing about that is being able to get some things done before everything gets crazy. Plus, the better we do, the smoother it is when everyone shows up.
They have wireless internet that you can buy for your personal PC here, but it's splotchy at best. It's much better to use the government network, but it's going to be harder to get access to it once we get going on training. I'll try to update when I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment