Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 5



So "kew-ate" is boring for the most part.  (See the picture of me bored in one of our tents) We've had a few classes to attend here and there on current tactics that the insurgents are using, foreign weapons familiarization and how to gather current information available to us in networked databases.  We've done a little more planning, but there's still more to go.  There's still alot we won't know until we get where we're going. 

As far as spiritually, I'm doing pretty well and fairly optimistic.  Been having some time to get in the Word here and there.  I've been reading Psalms lately - seeing again how David continually seeks God for protection from his enemies.  It's funny, but sometimes I feel like my biggest concerns and desires for refuge are from people I work with and conditions into which my own choices have brought me.  I don't feel like I have any "enemies" right now, just people that can feel like enemies sometimes.  Of course I do have enemies.  They're even more tangible as a Soldier, I suppose. There are people out there who want to kill me, but it's not like they have a personal vendetta against me - it's more what I represent, I suppose.  I just don't have a group of people that come to mind when I think of "enemies."  But I do understand David looking to the Lord for refuge.  As this week has drug on slowly, I can't help but think that this year could be a long one.  So I definitely want to find my refuge in the Lord and rely on his strength to carry on during what is likely to be a drudgery.  I just want to make the most of opportunities I have to share Christ with people.  Some folks are more available than others, I just have trouble seizing opportunities sometimes.  So, if you pray for me, pray that I would be bold in seizing those opportunities.

Other than that, I think I'm getting a little sick.  Woke up with a sore throat today and am feeling a little out of sorts.  I'll be alright though.  Probably just part of acclimatization. 

My birthday's coming up.  This will be my second birthday in "kew-ate" - I was here two years ago.  I may have some ice cream at the DFAC (Dining FACility) to celebrate.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment