It's been two weeks. I know I'm behind on updates, but honestly, there really hasn't been much to write about. We had no place to set up our office for awhile there, so it was hard to get any coordination, planning or other work accomplished. But now, finally, we've acquired some space so we're starting to get cracking. I'm now in full speed ahead mode, getting all the computers and printers up, running and networked. It's good times.
For the last couple of weeks, I was mostly working out at the gym, watching season 1 of 24 and doing a few tasks here and there. Things were pretty slow. 24 is a gut wrenching show if you've never watched it, but Jack Bauer is basically the one man who saves America every episode. We thought we could pace ourselves to one episode a night, but it quickly gets out of hand and we watch two or three just about every night.
It's starting to cool off here finally. We lost our A/C yesterday due to a power problem. It was warm in the room last night, but not completely unbearable. It finally kicked on around 2 AM or something.
I've already gotten a couple of care packages from folks, so I just want to say thanks! It's nice to receive mail here for sure. It mostly just reminds me that people haven't forgotten about us. It's easy to forget that America is still at war when our everyday lives are not really affected by it. If we don't watch or read the news, it might never even cross our minds. But thanks to you who care - you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE 24. Although, season 1 is definitely the worst. i've only watched one season on tv and I just can't do it anymore. I love watching them with our friends until the wee hours of the night and after the 3rd episode in a row, everyone looks around, unsure if anyone else wants to commit themselves deeper into another heart pounding episode and then someone asks, "how 'bout one more?" and everyone cheers. man oh man, good times around the tube.
ReplyDeleteHi, Tim! Ben Hodges should be in 9th grade at WA, but is now in 9th grade at Chamberlain-Hunt, actually accredited by ACCS like WA! website is chamberlain-hunt.com...It's in Port Gibson, 1/2 way between Vicksburg and Natchez..about 4 hrs from Memphis... anyway, he's taking to the military life... and seems to be thriving...He was at WA from k thru 8th grade.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your updates! Sarah PH
Hey Cap'n,
ReplyDeleteJust a quick note to let you know I'm thinkin' about you and praying daily for you and all of our soldiers. FYI, one of your blog followers is my friend, Jeff Walker, who is interested in hearing the real story about deployed soldiers' daily lives. Take care Timo ! !
Love,
Uncle Danny